Consumers spent $2 billion on Cyber Monday last year. Thanksgiving and Black Friday followed respectively with $1.34 billion and $1.57 billion. In total, consumers spent $42.3 billion from November 1st to December 31st. Even more notably, on Black Friday in 2012, online sales increased by 26% while in-store sales declined by 2%, according to a report from Google. FedEx is anticipating shipping 22 million packages on Cyber Monday this year, accounting for an 11% increase from last year. Clearly, online shopping sales are expected to continue to grow.
If you want your earnings to pile up like snow this holiday season, you need to stay on top of current holiday trends and adapt your campaigns now!
Consumers are on the prowl to score the best deals during their holiday shopping. Any offer providing a percentage or dollar amount off the original price will have holiday shoppers ready to go! Free shipping is always a huge draw for those online shoppers who want to avoid in-store madness and long lines.
Mobile will also be a game changer for online holiday marketing this year. Creating mobile-optimized campaigns is not an option; it is a necessity to accomplish the highest ROI. With consumers constantly plugged-in to their mobile devices, this is an essential opportunity for brands to connect with consumers as they shop for the holidays. This holiday season alone is expected to have a 68% increase in mobile purchases!
As Facebook and other social media sites like Pinterest continue to increase user engagement and function as ad platforms, consumers will utilize social media for gift inspiration for products and services on their wish list. If you properly utilize unique, captivating, holiday-themed content, you can drive the consumer from the social media site to your landing page to make the sale.
Top Earning Days for the 2013 Holiday Season:
Thanksgiving: Thursday, November 28th
Black Friday: November 29th
Cyber Monday: December 2nd
The week of Green Monday: Starting December 9th
Christmas: Wednesday, December 25th
Add some holiday cheer into your campaigns with these simple marketing tactics:
- Create seasonal landing pages. Adding some snowflakes or fun holiday-themed images can boost consumer engagement. Ads with seasonal content convert more sales during the holiday season.
- Utilize seasonal creatives. Holiday-themed banners, email creatives and to/from subject lines will better appeal to consumers looking out for holiday deals and offers.
- Advertise offers early to reach consumers. Most consumers have already started holiday shopping so technically you are already late to the game! Don’t waste another minute.
- Achieve the highest holiday ROI by increasing your online reach with exclusive access to our premium network of affiliates! Become a Clickbooth advertiser today: https
://ww w.cli ckboo th.co m/adv ertis er/si gnup
- Run offers with unique content and holiday-themed promo codes to boost holiday sales. We can say it enough, holiday shoppers love holiday deals!
- Follow consumer trends. The top verticals of 2012 were diet, muscle and skin. Running offers within top verticals based on the holiday season will help earn you the highest ROI.
- Promote unique marketing days like Green Monday. Known as the second Monday in December that is roughly 10 days leading up to Christmas, this is optimal time for last minute online shoppers to scramble to complete their purchases.
- Get access to the hottest holiday offers. Hit up your Clickbooth rep today to start running these top offers now! Not working with Clickbooth yet? Signup quickly and easily today to get started ASAP: https
://my .clic kboot h.com /sign up/
Top Offers for Black Friday and Cyber Monday:
(31050) On Demand Research – Kohl’s Black Friday – Lead Gen
Now Available! Black Friday Creative ID # 209760
(31000) Dibzees – Penny Auction
Now Available! Black Friday Creative ID # 209922
(10728) Quibids – Auction Bidding Site
Now Available! Seasonal Creatives ID #’s 209782 and 209784
(24089) Thompson Cigar – Elite 15 w/ Humidor & FREE Shipping- Straight Sale
Now Available! Cyber Monday Creative ID # 209893
Top Offers for Christmas:
(30975) Package From Santa – Straight Sale
(31071) On Demand Research – Toys R US Xmas – Lead Gen
(30414) Thompson Cigar – Total Cigar Package (Exclusive)
Now Available! Holiday Creative ID # 209891
(30924) uSell – Cash for Phones
Now Available! Holiday Creative ID # 209895
Jennifer Ballard, Affiliate Executive: Jennifer graduated from the University of Tampa with a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing. Newly graduated, Jennifer joined the Clickbooth team as part of our media department and quickly realized her expertise and skills made her a better fit for the affiliate executive role. In her free time she enjoys going to Key West, drinking wine, and spending time with her family and friends and puppy Scout.