Think about the last few conferences you went to. How was the networking? Did you leave there with some key connections that would help take you and your business to the next level? Or did you find it tough to not only meet new people, but more importantly ones who were serious about collaboration?
While many of the conferences out there are geared towards networking and helping you meet like-minded people in the industry, sometimes it can be tough or even stressful walking up to a stranger, introducing yourself, and finding ways you can collaborate together.
That’s exactly why we created The BlogUP.
So what is this event all about?
The BlogUP is a unique, one-of-a-kind networking event that will take face-to-face networking for bloggers to a whole new level. No longer will it be a struggle meeting everyone in the room, nor will it be tough to find those who are really there to collaborate and meet new people. Everyone that attends The BlogUP wants to meet YOU and is looking for ways to collaborate in order to help each other grow in the blogosphere.
So here’s how it works.
The first ever BlogUP, presented by Clickbooth and Murray Newlands, will take place at this year’s Ad Tech NY. The event will be held at The Link Bar in the Sheraton New York on 11/5/2009 from 6:30-8:00pm.
The BlogUP will be done in a “Speed Dating” format, where you will have the opportunity to meet everyone in the room for 3 minutes to discuss collaboration and how you can help each other grow and expand. Once the 3 minutes are up, you will move on to the next person. Meetings will be chosen at random to make it fair, however at this event, you WILL meet everyone.
Note: You DO NOT have to collaborate with everyone you meet at The BlogUP. This event only presents you with the opportunity to meet other bloggers interested in collaboration. It is completely up to you whether you decide to take it or not.
Other things you can do during the meeting:
- Discuss blogging and ideas
- Trade tips and advice
- Share experiences
Now here’s some important info to note:
- This event is ONLY open to bloggers. (You must have a current blog that you are somewhat active on.)
- This is an EXCLUSIVE event with limited space. There’s only room for 30 bloggers and you MUST pre-register and be on the list in order to attend. If you are interested in attending, email Eric@clickbooth.com or Murray@affiliateheat.com. You can also join the FB event page here. Most of the spots are already filled, so if you want to attend the event, email us RIGHT NOW.
- There will be absolutely NO SELLING at this event. If you are caught trying to sell a blogger your service or product, or doing anything else besides finding ways you can collaborate and work together in the future, you will be kicked out of the event and blacklisted from future BlogUps.
- Do Your Homework. This will be a great opportunity for you to meet some key players in the industry, as well as a variety of other bloggers that can really help you find ways to grow your blog, community, influence etc. That being said, make the most of it! Come prepared with ways you can help others, as well as how they can help you. This will allow you to be as productive as possible at The BlogUP. Check out this post on Blogging Buddies for other ideas.
See you all next week!