We hope you are enjoying our Staff You Should Know Series! We are back with our 3rd feature, Melissa Filipkowski!
Staff You Should Know: Melissa Filipkowski
Melissa Filipkowski has been with our Clickbooth Advertising Team for over 6 years! As an Advertising Account Director, Melissa oversees and exclusively manages an industry-leading portfolio of select advertisers.
1. I’ve been dancing my whole life – pretty much out of the womb. My grandmother owned a ballroom growing up so that is where I was raised after school. She taught me all my current dance skills and I still take dance classes to this day.
2. I randomly bump into random celebrities – a lot. Most recently it was Damon from Shark Tank while I was in Vegas with friends.
3. I am 50% Italian and 50% Polish and 100% the loudest person you will ever meet.
4. My dream growing up was to be on Saturday Night Live – I still keep saying I will do stand up comedy one day, but for now I’m satisfied with being one of the funniest account managers in the CPA industry.
5. My major passion is travel – last year I conquered the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu in Peru and this year I’ll be road tripping across Italy with my new fiance!
6. Did I say fianceeeee? Sure did – I’m recently engaged to the most incredible man who set up a perfect proposal at a place that is another major passion in my life….
7. ….DISNEY WORLD. I’m Disney obsessed – most people know this – but, not a lot of people know why. Since I was 18, I have volunteered at Disney through American Cancer Society to help kids who have Pediatric Cancer – it changed my life and view of the Disney Corporation forever.
8. Up until I got my 4 year old Golden Retriever, Tucker, I had never had a pet (except fish, which don’t count). Now that I have a real pet though, I don’t think I will ever go back. Dogs are the coolest.
9. Podcasts are my most recent obsession, but I was into them before Serial came along (#earlyadopter) – some of my favorites are Freakonomics, Pop Culture Happy Hour, Stuff You Should Know, and Stuff you Missed in History Class.
10. I’m a huge Gator fan – and happened to be there during our dominance in both football and basketball. I can proudly say I have been to every Gator National Championship appearance for both sports since 2005.
11. I will be at ad:tech London! Be sure to set up a meeting with me, firstname.lastname@example.org.